Request for Order

Request for Order

A Request for Order (FL-300) is used to schedule a court hearing and ask the court to make new orders or to change orders in a Family Law case. The process for serving the FL-300 is as follows:
  1. If Item 7 in the section called "Court Order" on the FL-300 is checked, your papers MUST be served in person at least 16 court days before your court hearing date. If Item 7 is not checked, but other items in the "Court Order" section are checked, you may also need to have your spouse or domestic partner served in person.
  2. If there are NO check marks in the "Court Order" section and no Temporary Emergency Court Orders, you can probably serve your spouse or domestic partner by mail. If you serve by mail you must do it at least 16 court days before the hearing plus 5 calendar days for the mailing.
For more information regarding Family Law Request for Orders click here.

To Order Services Click Here!
    • Related Articles

    • How do I serve a Temporary Restraining Order?

      A Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) is an Order restraining the person or entity served from doing something or to suspend certain behavior. The TRO must be Personally Served because the person served must abide by the Order; otherwise the person ...
    • Order to Show Cause

      An Order to Show Cause (OSC) is an order from the court commanding the person or business entity to appear at a hearing. The order compels the person served to personally appear and show cause why the court should not rule against him/her. Service ...
    • How do I Order Services?

      There are a few ways you can order services. Choose one of the following options:  Complete the Order Form and be sure to attach the documents for service. Once we received the Job Order we will review it and then invoice you via email for the cost ...
    • How do I serve a Defendant's Claim and ORDER to Go to Small Claims Court?

      A Defendant's Claim (SC-120) can be served in 2 ways, Personal Service or Substituted Service.  Service must be made Personally on the Plaintiff/Cross-Defendant at least 5 days prior to the court hearing date, or served by Substituted Service and ...
    • How do I serve a Plaintiff's Claim and ORDER to Go to Small Claims Court?

      A Plaintiff's Claim (SC-100) can be served in 2 ways; Personal Service or Substituted Service.  The manner of service allowed is determined by the Hearing Date set by the court, the County that the Court is in and the County in which the defendant ...