Temecula Attorney Services Company
            Knowledge Base Temecula Attorney Service Company Unlawful Detainers/Evictions

            How do I serve a Notice to Pay or Quit?

            If a tenant has failed to pay rent due, a landlord must give a tenant a three day notice to pay the rent or quit the premises (move out of the premises) before filing a lawsuit to initiate an eviction. 

            There are several variations to this type of notice.
            1. Three (3) Day Notice fo Pay Rent or Quit
            2. Notice to Pay or Quit
            3. Notice to Pay Rent or Surrender Possession
            4. Notice to Pay Rent or Surrender Possession of the Premises
            5. Notice to Cure or Quit
            6. Notice to Perform or Quit
            7. Notice to Inspect Premises
            8. Notice to Quit
            9. Notice to Terminate Tenancy or Termination Notice
            10. Thirty (30) day Notice to Quit

            Three (3) day, Thirty (30) day and/or other Notices to Pay Rent or Quit are served pursuant to CCP 1162. Service may be made personally by serving the tenant. If the person to be served is not at the his/her residence or his/her place of business then a copy may be left with a competent person at least eighteen (18) years of age at either place and then by mailing a copy to the tenant at the tenant's residence. If the tenant's business and residence are unknown or if no competent person is there, then service can be made by posting a copy in a conspicuous place on the property, delivering a copy to anyone residing there, if such a person can be found, and mailing a copy to tenant at the property.

            The fee for serving a Notice to Pay or Quit is $95. There is no "Rush Fee" charged for same day attempts for this document.

            To Order Services Click Here!
            Updated: 25 Sep 2019 09:23 AM
            Help us to make this article better
            0 0